Would you like to teach a class, hold a workshop or give a talk on a subject you think people would find interesting? Longmont Public Media would love to host you! We encourage all our members to teach. Everyone knows enough about something to teach a class, give a workshop or give a talk on something. You don't need to be a Longmont Public Media member to use the space if it's something of value and that fits with our mission and subject areas.
Please complete the form here to submit your class. Additionally, you can find it at the bottom of this page.
You will need to provide us with the following class details:
- 1.Class Title
- 2.Date, time, and duration
- 3.Write a description that sounds interesting and fun. Be descriptive, but concise. Cover what the topic is, what you'll be doing in the class and what the attendee will leave with, if anything.
- 4.Create a 500px x 500px graphic for your event. Need help with this? Let us know!
- 5.If you are charging for the class, list the price. Keep in mind that certain LPM members (i.e at a certain membership level) get 50% off classes.
- 6.What studio/room you plan to use
- 1.If you plan to offer this event on a regularly recurring basis, you can choose the "Repeat event" option.
- 2.If you would like to limit the number of attendees, select "Attendee limit". Event hosts are counted within the number of attendees, so the limit should be set to the total number of hosts and potential students.
- 3.Consider whether to close RSVPs in advance of the event if you need advance time to prepare.
Upon submission of the class form, Longmont Public Media staff will get with you to confirm your class submission and ask any additional questions, if needed. We will then processes your class information and add it to our website.
While deciding how much to charge for your class, please keep in mind that certain Longmont Public Media members have 50% discount on classes.
Longmont Public Media keeps 20% of the class revenue to pay for marketing. You, the instructor, keep 80%
- Please reach out to the Executive Director so that you can be added to LPM's payroll system as a 1099 contractor. The payroll system will then send you a link so that you can complete a W-9 form.
- Instructor payments are typically processed once per month.
- Instructor payments are only issued after all students for the class have paid.
Please complete the following form so you can teach classes at Longmont Public Media. Alternatively, you can access the form via this link.