Vision, Mission & Values
Longmont Public Media is devoted to the education, production, and distribution of local media.
To be the go-to destination to create and watch local content.
At Longmont Public Media, our values reflect the behaviors that shape the tone of how we work and interact with each other, our members, our partners, and our community. The following values are our focus in how we operate and the experiences we provide our community.
Inspire and Empower Others
- We share knowledge and provide encouragement; we show others how to do something and provide assistance with productions.
- We instill confidence in others to create.
- We cultivate creativity by providing tools, space, equipment, and audience.
- We’re proud of what our team and our members create.
- We follow our passions and encourage others to fulfill their passion projects.
- We do things that will create impact and we understand that our work, and that of our members, has the ability to change our community, our state, and our world.
- We motivate ourselves and our members that their work can make a positive difference.
Be a Curious Learner
- We are intellectually curious and have a drive to continue learning.
- We ask questions, talk with our members and community, and get to know people.
- We try new things and stretch ourselves and we encourage others to do the same.
- We innovate and we execute knowing that if we fail we will learn from it.
- We think outside the box because thinking in a nonconventional way may be the best approach.
Lead by Example
- We practice what we preach.
- We aim to inspire humanity to be decent by ways of good work ethic, optimism, accountability, gratitude, humility, being helpful and respectful.
- We know that our actions and attitudes rub off on others.
Community is Everything
- We believe that facilitation and fostering collaboration creates a stronger and vibrant community.
- Diversity, equality, and inclusion is ingrained in how we operate and in everything we do.
- We build community within our makerspace, our viewership, and the place we call home.
- We understand our responsibility to serve and support our community.
- We believe in being hyper-local and focusing on just Longmont as much as possible.